EAE2D 2P Literature Circles
1) Each literature circle will meet for 15 minutes daily to discuss the novel you have either chosen to read or been assigned to read. You will be given a specific topic to discuss, but once you feel this topic has been exhausted and each person has had their say, you may move on to other topics related to the book.
2) Each literature circle will meet with the teacher once a week on a predetermined topic. Be prepared to offer insight into the topic.
3) On and off-task participation in the literature circle will be evaluated by both the teacher and your peers. A daily Reflections Form will be filled out and handed in at the end of each week.
4) Be reading at home as well as at school so that you are prepared to give input at each of the meetings.
5) In addition to the in-class discussions and Reflections Form, there are weekly written assignments which accompany the texts. Be sure to complete them on time.