Class Rules 1) All ACAG policies will be followed. See the school website for a comprehensive list of rules.
2) You are responsible for all assignments on the day that they are due regardless of absence between the assignment and due date. (If you are in class on Monday, and a paper is assigned for Wednesday, and you are absent on Tuesday, the paper is still due on Wednesday). If you miss a class period, it is your responsibilityto get the assignments from me before or after school on the day that you return. DO NOT disrupt class time getting your missed assignments. Be aware that not being at school is a valid reason for neglecting to turn in assignments.
3) If you have any questions or problems throughout the year, DO NOT HESITATE TO ASK! I am available before and at lunch. Almost every problem can be solved and questions answered when you calmly communicate with me.
4) Required Materials:
– Notebook/Three ring binder with dividers or notebooks or folders for writing, class notes and grammar exercises unless you bring your own laptop and take all notes on it.
– Pens/pencils (please have both)
5) Highly Recommended
– small dictionary (or equivalent on your laptop)
– small thesaurus (or equivalent on your laptop)
6) Please be aware that at no time do I accept plagiarized work and that I regularly check using anti-plagiarism sites.
7) Unless otherwise stated, I expect paragraphs, essays, stories…to be typed on the computer and emailed to me.